Chef De Partie
Job no: 518816
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Chef / cook
The Star Entertainment Group owns and operates The Star Sydney, The Star Gold Coast and Treasury Brisbane. Each property boasts an array of restaurants, bars, entertainment and hotels. Although each property is unique, we possess the same guest centered ideology that drives what we do each and every day.
Our vision to be Australia’s leading integrated resort operator is well underway! To help us succeed, we need motivated and inspiring people like you to join us in creating thrilling and memorable experiences for our guests.
There has never been a better time to join The Star Gold Coast within our Culinary team.
With around 350 Chefs on the team, including industry professionals with decades of experience, there are endless opportunities for learning and growth! The Star Gold Coast boasts 10 restaurants ranging from buffet to casual and fine dining, banquets, in-room dining and one of the largest production kitchens in the southern hemisphere. The team are fun and hard-working and take pride to ensure every guest enjoys a delicious dining experience.
We are currently looking for a passionate and highly dedicated Chef De Partie, this position will be predominately based in our busy Employee Dining Room - Star Cafe. This is a high volume 24/7 cafeteria style outlet with around 1250 guests per day.
- Preparing healthy fresh varied food for The Star team members
- Supervising a team of around 5 chefs and working closely with Star Cafe F&B attendants
- Working with the Production team to coordinate daily menus to suit the needs of diverse cultures and allergies
- Ordering, Stock rotation and Food safety procedures
We are specifically looking for someone who has:
- Previous experience in a supervisory or management role in a high volume kitchen
- Culinary qualifications (Commercial Cookery Cert III or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge of HACCP / Food Safety with a strong commitment to WH&S
- The ability to effectively and efficiently coordinate and work as part of the team
- A passion for a diverse range of food and a keen desire for continuous learning
- Flexibility to work across a 7-day roster
It’s your time to shine!
The Star, Gold Coast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In exchange for your commitment and dedication you will be provided with unrivalled benefits including laundered uniforms, free meal on shift, advanced rostering and many other advantages that come with working at world-class integrated resort.
If you’re interested in joining our team, submit your expression of interest with the links below or head to our website to check out the positions currently available. We’d love to hear from you!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now