Assistant Front Office Manager | The Star Grand
Job no: 519033
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Front Office, Management
The Star Sydney is Australia's premier place to play, and we have just one mission – to thrill. That’s why we have ‘All-Star’ chefs and restaurants, brilliant bars, luxurious accommodation, nightclubs, high-end fashion and of course, our world-class casino!
Our recently fully refurbished The Star Grand Hotel & Residences is currently recruiting for an experienced Duty Manager/Manager on Duty to manage, drive and support our team and oversee operations on a full time basis.
The successful candidate will have proven leadership skills in a similar role within a reputable and large five-star luxury accommodation, with proven experience of people management and an authentic customer service approach ideally in Hotel industry.
What will my day look like as Duty Manager (Assistant Front Office Manager)?
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the Front Office team
- Coordination and supervision of all guest arrivals and departures
- Proactively seek opportunities to create thrilling and memorable guest experiences
- Manage and support the Front Office Agents in the delivery of guest service excellence
- Leading, recruiting, developing and training our front office team
- Liaising with all departments of the hotel to ensure customer satisfaction is consistently achieved
- Resolve customer service queries with diplomacy and tact
- Completing reporting/audit requirements
What are we looking for?
- Solid duty manager/supervisory experience in a 5-star luxury hotel environment
- Unlimited Australian working rights
- Ability to work on a 24/7 rotating roster
- Passion in the hospitality industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in Opera System
- Second language (e.g. Mandarin or Cantonese) is advantageous
- Extensive training and career development
- Competitive salary offering
- Free meals on duty
- Free light rail from Central station to The Star
- Discounted parking on site
- Onsite laundered uniform
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
Unfortunately the role requires full working rights in Australia and no sponsorship is available for this position
If you are ambitious and driven and want to be a part of Australia's ultimate entertainment destination, apply now!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now