Junior Sous Chef | Chinese Japanese Fusion
Job no: 519044
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
Chef Chase Kojima (The Star’s Sokyo and Kiyomi) and Chef Victor Liong (Melbourne’s Lee Ho Fook) will turn tradition on its head at Chuuka by converging the distinct flavours and techniques of Japan and China into one visionary dining experience featuring fresh local produce.
CHUUKA features a spectacular 130-seat dining area across two levels, including an indulgent wine room and an outdoor bar area with panoramic views across the harbour.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills & experience:
- Previous experience as a Junior Sous Chef within a reputable F&B or restaurant operation or fine dining.
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Strong understanding of Asian cuisine, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- Experience working in a busy, fast-paced kitchen environment
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive some great benefits at The Star, including generous discounts at our hotels, bars, restaurants & the Lyric Theatre, meals provided daily, discounted staff parking, uniforms provided and laundered daily plus much more!
The Star Entertainment Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are building a diverse workforce that reflects our community.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now