Sous Chef | Production
Job no: 519076
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
The Star, Sydney's 5 Star Hotel & Premier Entertainment Destination boasts two of Sydney's best hotels, 20 bars and restaurants as well as a luxury 16-room day spa plus an events and entertainment centre.
We are looking for a passionate and highly dedicated Sous Chef to join the Production team. You will support the Head Chef in all aspects of kitchen management, including ordering, production schedules, budgeting, training, menu creation and staffing. You will ensure flawless service standards so our customers are left super satisfied in all aspects. Ideal candidates will have the following skills & experience:
- Experience working in a busy, fast-paced kitchen environment as a Sous chef in a 5 star hotel (experience in a commissary large production kitchen preferred)
- A knowledge of a variety of cooking styles is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability in planning, resourcing and controlling expenses
- Strong operational leadership and motivation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- The desire to succeed and further your career
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
What benefits are there to work for the Star Sydney?
- Work with some of the best chefs in Australia
- Learn new techniques and use modern equipment
- Training opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Uniforms and laundering provided
- FREE meals provided daily
- FREE light rail to The Star from Central station
- Discounted rooms in The Star Entertainment Group across Australia
- Discounts on parking, lyric theatre tickets, restaurants, bars, JB-Hifi, Virgin Airlines and many more!
So if you feel you have the skills and motivation to make a success of this opportunity, apply now for your chance to become a part of the excitement and glamour that is The Star!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now