Job no: 519129
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Event Management
The Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre is located in the heart of Broadbeach and has been successfully hosting small and large events, conferences and exhibitions for local, national and international clients since July 2004. The Centre offers clients state of the art equipment, services and facilities and features a 6,000 seat arena divisible into three spaces, more than 6,000 square metres of exhibition space divisible into four halls and 22 meeting rooms of varying sizes. GCCEC is managed by the Star Entertainment Group and has recently been recognised as one of the world’s top companies for diversity and inclusion.
ABOUT THE ROLE!
We are seeking a talented Event Manager to join the Events team in this exciting and challenging environment. As an Event Manager at the GCCEC, you will be responsible for the smooth coordination and management of events including convention, trade & consumer shows, sporting events and special events. In addition, you will be required to provide the highest standard of customer service to maintain long term customer relationships and facilitate sales growth from the existing customer base.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management and planning of the event schedule with Clients
- Complete event resumes and distribute to the relevant departments within the Centre
- Qualify leads, via telephone/fax/email, of potential short-lead business ensuring a prompt response to enquiries and quotations
- Administer the Ungerboeck EBMS software database and accounting / record keeping procedures of all client files ensuring confidentiality and accuracy of all data
- Ensure familiarity and knowledge of the property and current promotions and promote effective communication by ensuring that all co-workers maintain the same level of knowledge
- Maintain a customer focus at all times, ensuring that customer service delivery is timely, effective and efficient and that it meets both the customer’s (internal and external) needs and corporate standard
- Encourage established clients to re-book for events
- Pass on enquiries for business for long-lead events to the Sales & Marketing team
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills, knowledge, personal attributes and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role in a high volume environment is essential
- Operational experience at a management level within a Convention Centre environment
- Comprehensive computer skills including Microsoft Office package
- Visio and Ungerboeck EBMS experience essential
- Excellent organisational skills
- Initiative, creativity and a sense of responsibility
- The ability to multi task while maintaining a calm and efficient demeanour
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, energy and a “can do” attitude
The Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre brings many benefits, including access to a great corporate discount program, on-site undercover free parking, an on-site team member café, access to an employee assistance program, health and well-being programs, training and development and much more.
Applications for this role will be accepted until 29th January 2020.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now