Cook | Lebanese Cuisine
Job no: 519197
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Categories: Chef / cook
The Star Entertainment Group’s (TSEG) vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, our properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are first class entertainment destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, the coolest selection of bars, luxurious five-star accommodation and a truly world-class spa and casino.
Fun, buzzy and bright, Bar Tikram is The Star’s newest 100 seat open-air casual alfresco Lebanese restaurant.
Bar Tikram celebrates the vibrancy of the Middle East, showcasing award wining chef Dany Karam’s (Executive Chef at Black Bar & Grill) heritage via relaxed Mezze-style share food and seasonal cocktails. The centrepiece is the wood-fire oven cooking homemade flat breads and dishes while the outdoor bar features a beverage list using fresh juices with punchy herbs and spices.
We are looking for dedicated Cook/General Hand to join our Culinary team within our new restaurant Bar Tikram at The Star. This is an opportunity for you to work with some of the best chefs in Australia, learn new techniques and use brand new equipment.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous cooking experience in a commercial kitchen is essential
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- Knowledge of Middle Eastern cuisine will be highly regarded
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume operation
- Eye for detail
- The desire to succeed and want a career as a Chef
- Experience in a reputable hotel would be advantageous.
The Star is open 24/7, so it is essential that you have availability to work across a rotating roster.
- Extensive training and career development
- Discounts across The Star hotels and restaurants
- FREE meals on duty
- Laundered uniform
- FREE light rail from Central to The Star
- Discounted parking and more!
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusiveness. We know that people, working together in collaborative teams can create extraordinary things.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now